Entering the second half of the strategic planning phase, SBU Libraries is in its feedback-collecting stage. Since our last update, found at https://library.stonybrook.edu/2023/05/26/strategic-planning-2023-at-sbu-libraries/, the libraries’ strategic planning committee has completed its abbreviated self-study. We drafted new mission and vision statements, three themes throughout the libraries’ future work, and four priorities. Summer 2023 is focused on our priorities and objectives while working with our library colleagues. We had one forum together in mid-July (in-person and virtual), where we received feedback on the mission & vision statements and the themes. Then we broke into groups and worked on ideas for objectives together. A forum for students is planned for mid-August, and a meeting with the Senate Library Committee.
In the Fall semester, the planning committee will continue gathering information and solicit input from the SBU community by holding forums. We will also continue to analyze current trends in academic libraries and higher education. Please be on the lookout for forthcoming information on forums. Your feedback is essential. Here is a list of potential forums coming in September/October:
- SBU Community Forum, one in-person, one virtual, open to everyone,
- SBU Health Sciences Center Community Forum, one virtual, available to the Health Sciences Center community
Updates can be found on our website under About>Planning>Strategic Planning 2024-2029, which leads you to this research guide: https://guides.library.stonybrook.edu/strategic-plan-2024
Blog posts and email blasts will also alert our community to updates.
Thank you! Do not hesitate to reach out with questions and feedback. Contact the project manager of the strategic plan, Victoria Pilato, at email@example.com.
Latest posts by Victoria Pilato (see all)
- The Art of Relationships Lecture Series, July Events Are Now Available. - August 30, 2023
- Strategic Planning 2024-2029 at SBU Libraries. Update 2023-07-28. - July 28, 2023
- The Art of Relationships Lecture Series, June events are now available. - July 10, 2023