Stony Brook University Libraries has a new dissertations and theses collection policy and practice, which can be found at https://library.stonybrook.edu/about-us/policies-documents/. Starting this semester graduating students are encouraged to deposit an open access copy of their dissertation or thesis in its institutional repository Academic Commons. Submission to Academic Commons is optional. Note that official submissions of dissertation and theses must go through the Graduate School.
What are the benefits of submission? Why should I participate?
- Increase citation impact and visibility
- Quickly archive work and share with colleagues
- Permanent, persistent URL to content
- Meets data management requirements for dissemination
For information about how to submit, locate and access dissertations and theses at Stony Brook University see the dissertations and theses research guide.
Knowledge Management & Digital Assets Librarian at Stony Brook University Libraries
Latest posts by Dana Reijerkerk (see all)
- Students Can Now Voluntarily Deposit their Dissertation or Theses in Academic Commons - May 11, 2023
- Celebrate Native American Heritage Month with 5 Library Resources - November 1, 2022
- Celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day 2022 - October 5, 2022