Music librarian Gisele Schierhorst shared some holiday favorites in Vinyl Notes #2, the Libraries’ YouTube series highlighting the hidden treasures in our LP collection.
This time out, Gisele focused on vocal recordings around the theme of the season. She provides some background for each piece and some insights into the special recordings featured – even gracing us with some of her singing.
LPs in the Music Library (turntables available on site)
Bach’s Christmas Oratorio
Music featured on the episode
- Opening music by LESFM from Pixabay
- Bach’s Christmas Oratorio: Phiroz Dalal, St Matthew’s Concert Choir and Orchestra CC BY 3.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0, via Wikimedia Commons
- Handel’s Messiah performed by: MIT Concert Choir; directed by William C. Cutter; used under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0
Head of Academic Engagement at Stony Brook University Libraries
Chris is the Head of Academic Engagement and the liaison to the MFAs in Creative Writing, Film, and Theatre.
Latest posts by Chris Kretz (see all)
- Our Four-Legged Friends - December 7, 2022
- Meet our Fall Social Media Intern - August 25, 2022
- Vinyl Notes: The Louisville Orchestra - February 18, 2022