Welcome to the new semester! Need help with research? We are here to help!
There are many virtual ways you can connect to librarians for research assistance; chat service is one of them. Please see below for current chat services hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
If you have any reference questions, you can email us at Library_Reference@stonybrook.edu.
If you have any subject specific questions, you can email our Library Liaisons directly for assistance. Our library liaisons will schedule a Zoom consultation with you if you need an in-depth research assistance.
There is no physical reference desk service at this time in the North Reading Room. If you need to immediately contact a librarian, you can notify our staff at the desk and they will connect a librarian to assist you with your reference question.
Additional ways of contact can be found at the Ask A Librarian page.
Latest posts by Clara Tran (see all)
- “The many complicated ways how ice forms in the atmosphere” - September 20, 2023
- 2023 Fall Semester: Reference and Virtual Chat Services - August 25, 2023
- Survey re: Public Library Services and Community Needs During Extreme Events - June 14, 2023