In response to concerns over the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we wanted to communicate to you in advance that all Library events and workshops to be held through March 31st will be cancelled or moved to an online format. Stony Brook University continues to closely monitor the guidance provided by the CDC and New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) and has determined that out of an abundance of caution, at this time, Library events for the remainder of March will not take place as planned.
The following is a listing of our cancelled events:
- 3/24, STEM Speaker Series: Photoregulation of Polymerization Processes with Dr. Melanie Chiu
- 3/25, Understanding SEARCH Workshop
- 3/25, Writing & Research Help! Drop-In at Health Sciences Library
- 3/25, Far Beyond Keywords: Toward a Human Understanding of Computational Understanding of Human Language with Dr. Ritwik Banerjee
- 3/26, Women’s History Month Speaker Series: Homophobia after Homonormativity: ‘Gender Ideology’ and the Right’s Attacks on US Universities with Dr. Liz Montegary
- 3/26, Research Skills Workshop for UGC 101 Students
- 3/26, Writing & Research Help! Drop-In at Health Sciences Library
- 3/31, Focus on Transgender Health Workshop
- 3/31, APA Citation Workshop
- 3/31, Using ABBYY FineReader to OCR Scanned Text for Mining
- 3/31, Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon
Please refer to our events calendar for any updates.
Thank you for supporting Stony Brook University Libraries. The University is committed to protecting the health of our community and we thank you for your help in our efforts.
Latest posts by Shafeek Fazal (see all)
- Library events cancelled - March 13, 2020
- 4th Floor Stacks Closed, October 25 through November 7 - October 24, 2018
- University Libraries Hosted World Renowned Chamber Music Ensemble, the Emerson String Quartet, for their 40th Anniversary Celebration - March 22, 2018