On July 1, 2019, the National Library of Medicine (NLM) is retiring the Loansome Doc system due to declining usage.
The Stony Brook University Libraries will no longer provide retrieval service for users who are unaffiliated with Stony Brook University. Health care providers can come to the University Libraries to access the databases from on campus or submit an interlibrary loan request from another library (e.g. your local public library) using ILLiad or the American Library Association (ALA) form.
In addition to PubMed, the following resources offer access to journal articles:
- PubMed Central (Over 5.1 million articles available)
- NLM Free Biomedical Literature Resources
- Google Scholar
- Publishers’ websites
- Online free article services and collaborations
- Commercial article rental or purchasing services
- Libraries serving your workplace, educational institution, association or other group you are affiliated with.
For more information, see the NIH Public Access Policy and other open access initiatives.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Jennifer DeVito, Director of Access & User Services