Currently enrolled Stony Brook University students and faculty who are studying or working remotely may request material to be shipped to them. Request items using ILLiad. Items available electronically will be delivered to the patron’s ILLiad account. Books and hard copy material owned by the University Libraries will be mailed to the patron’s address on file within 1-2 weeks of the request date. Material that is not owned by Stony Brook University Libraries can also be requested through interlibrary loan. This material is typically available within 2 weeks of the request. It will be delivered to the patron’s address on file at Stony Brook University Libraries. Please factor in these time constraints when requesting material.
The University Libraries will pay the cost of shipping items to patrons, however, borrowers are responsible for the cost of return shipping.
Interlibrary loan cannot be used for required class materials, e.g. required class texts.
Students may want to speak with a librarian for alternatives to obtaining needed material.
- When placing a request to be shipped, please add a note that you are studying or working remotely.
- Requested materials will be sent to the student’s home address via UPS.
- Materials will be sent only within the continental United States.
- The patron is expected to return borrowed material to the library by the due date, boxed, via UPS or USPS Priority or other trackable shipping method.
- Patrons are responsible for the safe return of all material borrowed from the University Libraries. Fines and fees will accrue according to the posted policy.
Return packages should be addressed to:
Stony Brook University Libraries
Frank Melville Jr. Memorial Library
Interlibrary Loan Department S-3410
100 Nicolls Road, Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3339