Stony Brook University students, faculty, and staff who are studying or working remotely may request material to be shipped to them. You must be enrolled/teaching for the current semester to use this service and live 50+ miles from the main campus.
Items can be requested through Search!. Be sure to log in with your NetID. Material that is not in the SBU or SUNY collection and can be delivered electronically should be requested through Interlibrary Loan
Electronic material will be delivered to the patron’s ILLiad account or via email. Physical items will typically be mailed to the patron’s address on file, typically within 2-3 weeks of the request date. The delivery of material may be affected by availability and shipping delays. Please factor this into consideration when requesting material.
Patrons are limited to 10 items checked out and shipped at time. The University Libraries will pay the cost of shipping items to patrons; however, borrowers are responsible for the cost of return shipping and the timely return of borrowed items.
Interlibrary loan cannot be used for required class materials, e.g. required class texts.
Patrons may want to speak with a librarian for alternatives to obtaining needed material.
- When placing a request to be shipped, please add a note that you are studying or working remotely.
- Requested materials will be sent to the patron’s address on file via UPS.
- Materials will be sent only within the continental United States.
- The patron is expected to return borrowed material to the library by the due date, boxed, via UPS or USPS Priority or other trackable shipping method.
- Patrons are responsible for the safe return of all material borrowed from the University Libraries. Fines and fees will accrue according to the posted policy.
Return packages should be addressed to:
Stony Brook University Libraries
Frank Melville Jr. Memorial Library
Interlibrary Loan Department S-3410
100 Nicolls Road, Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794-3339