Stony Brook University Libraries is pleased to invite proposals for presentations, panels, and interactive workshops for a virtual Spring 2021 symposium on Advancing Equity in Higher Education on Long Island. This inaugural symposium aims to bring together college and university community members and thought leaders from across the region in order to help develop inter-institutional connections and grow a regional community of practice around diversity work. Together, we can help build more just, responsive, equitable, and inclusive educational environments.
Proposals should focus on themes of diversity, accessibility, equity, and inclusion in higher education. We welcome submissions from higher education staff, students, and faculty.
Types of proposals:
- 15-20 minute presentations. Presentations may consist of case studies, original research, reports of innovations, etc. Accepted presentations will be grouped thematically into 60 minute sessions by symposium organizers.
- 60 minute panels. Panels will feature several speakers on a common theme. Panels may consist of several presentations as described above or take a different format, such as a panel discussion.
- 90 minute interactive workshops. Workshops should include a participatory component, and clear learning objectives should be communicated in the proposal.
Please submit all proposals via this form. Questions can be directed to Claire Payne, Chair of the Committee on Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity at the Stony Brook University Libraries, at email@example.com.
All proposals are due by February 21, 2021. Participants will be notified of proposal status the week of February 22, 2021.
Date: April 9, 2021
Time: 8:30am – 3:00pm
This symposium is sponsored by Stony Brook University Libraries and funded in part by a Stony Brook University Presidential Mini-Grant for Departmental Diversity.
Latest posts by Claire Payne (see all)
- Call for Proposals: Symposium on Advancing Equity in Higher Education on Long Island - January 19, 2021
- Call for Student Art: Spring 2021 Art Show - January 15, 2021
- EID Committee to present program on “Locating Reliable Sources for Indigenous Research Papers and Projects” with Dana Reijerkerk - November 10, 2020