PEER-REVIEWED & SCHOLARLY ARTICLES, OTHER ARTICLES, NEWS, MULTIMEDIA AND MORE
- Use Research Databases to find articles in scholarly and peer-reviewed journals, magazines, newspapers, as well as some multimedia content and similar resources. Many Research Databases, in addition to describing the documents available, link to the full texts of these documents.
- If you’re not sure which database is the best for your research, see our myriad Research & Subject Guides for expert recommendations on the best databases and other resources.
- If full text is not available, consult STARS or the libraries’ Electronic Journals. The libraries subscribe to tens of thousands of electronic journals which may contain articles that are not available in full text in the research databases or in the libraries’ print collections.
- See our News Sources guide for access to news archives, local, national, and international sources.
- Don’t know where to start? A good way to begin your research is Search & Discover.
- Our Databases A to Z will connect you with hundreds of research databases on myriad subjects and disciplines. You can also browse databases by subject and type.
BOOKS, DVDS & VIDEOS, MICROFORMS, MAPS AND OTHER MATERIALS
- Search & Discover Catalogs will return combined results from Main Stacks, Health Sciences Library and all other University Libraries locations and branches.
- Use STARS, the online catalog for the West Campus Libraries, to find books, newspapers, magazines, sound recordings, maps,videotapes, DVDs, and other types of material in the libraries. You can search for these materials by author, title, subject, and various keyword combinations.
- Use the Health Sciences Library online catalog to discover items in the Health Sciences Library’s collections.
- Wonder what’s new? Look here!
JOURNALS & eJOURNALS
- Use eJournals A to Z to find journals by title.
- eBooks includes electronic versions of books in the library’s collection, as well as collections eBooks available on the web.
DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START?
- Looking for a great place to begin your research? Search & Discover is a discovery service that searches the library catalogs, our research databases, eJournals and online collections.
- See our myriad Research & Subject Guides for expert recommendations on the best databases and other resources for your research.
HELP & FAQ
- SBU Answers is an interactive knowledgebase where you can find answers to frequently asked questions or submit your own question — we will answer within 24 hours.
- If you need immediate assistance chat with a librarian online, call us or visit our reference desk.
- Through the University’s memberships in various Library consortia, Stony Brook students, staff and faculty have access to, and/or borrowing privileges at, numerous other research libraries on Long Island, in the greater New York area, and throughout the U.S., Canada, and other countries.
- Learn the library’s policies for circulating materials, food & drink, and many, many more.