The entrance to the Main Stacks is on the 3rd floor of the Melville Library. Access to the 2nd and 4th floors are through the inner staircases on the 3rd floor. Follow the signs in Main Stacks to the stairs.
|First Letter of Call Number||Location|
|A – E||2nd floor|
|F – N||3rd floor|
|Q – Z||3rd floor|
- Science books in the G and Q- TX range are in the North Reading Room stacks.
- Current non-science periodicals are in the Central Reading Room.
- Material on Reserve is located at the Circulation desk on the 3rd floor (Main Stacks).
- All oversized books will have “x,” “xx” or “xxx” before the call number. Single “x” indicates oversize; “xx” indicates double oversize and “xxx” indicates triple oversize. All oversize books are shelved at the end of the general collections on each floor, beginning with single “x.” The only exception to this is that “x” Ns (art books) are shelved with regular size Ns. For detailed information, please consult the stacks floor maps located on the second and fourth floor landings in the stacks stairwell.
- Books located in the Cage collection are housed behind the Book Return Desk. Please ask desk staff to retrieve Cage material. You will need to present staff with call number information. All Cage material must be checked out using your library ID card even when browsing the material.
- Audio visual items are located on the third floor, in the front of Core West.