There are a number of group study rooms located in the Frank Melville Jr. Memorial Library. North and Central Reading Rooms offer privately enclosed spaces, allowing groups to work together without disturbing other library patrons. Library patrons can use any of these rooms to study in groups or to work collaboratively on projects.
Group Study Room Policies
- Capacity: Minimum of 2 individuals, up to 6
- Must be SBU affiliated (valid SBU email address required for online reservations)
- Priority is given to students
- Conference room technology not available
- Food & Noise Policy: Zone rules apply; please discard of all food wrappers and trash in the garbage bins.
- Reservation Process:
- Users can make reservations via electronic reservation system or in person.
- Reservations can be made up to one (1) week in advance. Rooms may be reserved for maximum two (2) hours per day.
- Back-to-back reservations are not permitted, but groups can stay beyond their time limit if the room is not reserved.
- A group that is more than 15 minutes late forfeits their reservation.
- Rooms are available first come, first served when not reserved.
- To access study rooms, please stop in at Library Services desk with your SBU ID. The door will be unlocked for you. Please do not enter a study room without checking in at the Library Services desk first.
- Supplies: Whiteboard markers, erasers, and adapter cables are available for checkout
- Note: Failure to adhere to study room and library policies may result in loss of study room privileges.
Stony Brook University students, faculty, and staff members can reserve study rooms using their university email address. *Please note, users must be on campus in order to reserve rooms via the electronic reservation system.*