The English Patient, directed by Anthony Minghella
Call number and location: DVD2648 | Melville Library Main Stacks
Possible Paper Topics:
- What does the desert symbolize in the film?
- How do the actions and transformations of the main characters reflect the film’s attitude on war?
- How does the use of flashbacks to break up the chronology of the story affect the film’s meaning or the viewer’s experience?
- Compare/contrast the film and the novel.
You Might Also Enjoy . . .
Atonement, directed by Joe Wright
Cold Mountain, directed by Anthony Minghella
The Unbearable Lightness of Being, directed by Philip Kaufman
Latest posts by Janet Clarke (see all)
- SBU Hacks - September 24, 2018
- Innovation Lab to Demo 3D Printing in the HSC Library - January 19, 2016
- 3rd Lecture in the Lecture Series of the Office of Global Library Initiatives - January 14, 2016