SBU Libraries Research Data Services is housed within the University Libraries Center for Scholarly Communication. We provide resources, consultation and support for all aspects of the data lifecycle, from planning your data management strategy during the proposal phase through preserving your data at the conclusion of your project. We are happy to partner with you on proposals and projects.
Did you know? You can make your data available on Academic Commons – the secure, permanent, open access scholarly publishing platform.
How We Can Help
- Not sure where to start? See our menu of services and resources below, and links to our contact information is on the right sidebar.
- Looking for Data Sets?
- Need to write a data management plan? We offer several resources for you.
- Interested in learning about the best ways to organize, store, share and preserve your data? See Data Management.
- Questions? We’re happy to help! Our contact information is linked on the right sidebar.
Campus Services & Policies
• Academic Commons
• Campus-Wide Data Services & Resources
• DMP Tool
• Research Data Guide
• SBU Data Policies
Data Sets & Resources
• Open Data
• Research Data Sets
Data Visualizations & Digital Humanities
• Voyant Tools
• DMP Tool
• Data Management Plans
• Federal Public Access Plans
• Funder Mandates (NIH, NSF, etc.)
• Research Data Management
Metadata & Documentation
• Re3data – Registry of Research Data Repositories
• Metadata Schema
• Understanding Metadata