The mission of the Center for Scholarly Communication is to provide expertise, information and resources to scholars and researchers:
- in meeting grants funders’ public access mandates (NIH, NSF, etc.).
- for leveraging author’s copyright.
- for discovering quality, impactful, peer-review scholarship and research (including open access journals).
- for effectively preserving and sharing research data.
- for access and the opportunity to contribute to the SBU open access scholarly repository, Academic Commons.
- in understanding and meeting the SBU Open Access Policy.
The Open Access Team and Scholarly Communication Working Group
- in depositing your work in the SBU Academic Commons, requesting a waiver or other questions related to the SBU Open Access Policy;
- in meeting public access mandates;
- by promoting and teaching scholarly communication skills, practice and tools to the academic community through workshops, events, course-integrated instruction and discussion;
- in understanding the dynamic scholarly publishing environment and leveraging author’s copyright;
- in utilizing open access for the sharing and discovery of scholarship, research and data.
Do you want to discuss scholarly communication? Do you have a question, a comment, or idea for an event? Contact Darren Chase, Head of Scholarly Communication.
Center for Scholarly Communication
C-2601 Frank Melville, Jr., Memorial Library
Stony Brook University
Stony Brook, NY 11794