This institution is using Interfolio’s Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge.
Academic Engagement Librarian/Senior Assistant Librarian
Stony Brook University: Provost Office: Library
Location: Stony Brook University
Open Date: Oct 04, 2023
Deadline: Nov 05, 2023 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Description: This is a tenure track position.
Salary: $74,000. In addition to annual salary, full-time employees will receive a location stipend. Currently the location stipend is $3,087per year.
Responsibilities & Requirements: We’re looking for a creative, forward-thinking, and enthusiastic person to join our dedicated team of Academic Engagement library faculty. Reporting to the Head of Academic Engagement, the Academic Engagement Librarian is responsible for library instruction, outreach, and reference and consultation services. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in faculty activities such as research and scholarship, faculty governance, and professional activities consistent with University standards for promotion and tenure. The successful candidate will:
- Create and deliver innovative instruction services in multimodal environments
- Stay current on emerging instructional technologies
- Explore opportunities for library integration into the curriculum, such as information literacy learning tutorials, research guides, curriculum development, and consultations.
- Apply inclusive pedagogical approaches to enhance student-centered learning environments.
- Incorporate a commitment to the value of diverse populations and perspectives in teaching.
- Market library resources and services through workshops, programming, collections, and partnerships.
- Develop strong relationships with academic programs and faculty on all campuses to align library resources and services with research and learning goals.
- MLIS (Master in Library and Information Science) or relevant advanced degree with a combination of education and experience commensurate with requirements of this position.
- Evidence of public-facing collaborations and outreach activities.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate educational technologies and learning theories in teaching environments.
- Instruction or training experience in an academic, medical, or special library.
- Experience implementing professional information literacy standards as well as knowledge of related literacies.
All application materials must be submitted online. Please use the Apply Now button to begin your application.
For technical support, please visit Interfolio’s Support Site (https://support.interfolio.com/) or reach out to their Scholar Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 997-8807.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Pamela Di Pasquale at email@example.com.
SPECIAL NOTES: This is a tenure track position. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Anticipated start date: as soon as possible. Application Instructions: Those interested in this position should submit a State Employment Application, application letter explaining your qualifications, relevant experience, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, curriculum vitae and names and contact information for three references. Priority will be given to applications submitted prior to November 5, 2023.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed online at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
About the Libraries
The University Libraries are an essential partner in Stony Brook University’s mission of global leadership in research, discovery, and learning, positioning ourselves as the hub of collaboration, digital innovation, open scholarship, and creativity. We provide the best possible access to a wide-range of resources in multiple formats and world-renowned special collections and actively contribute to student success and faculty productivity through teaching and research services in alignment with the University’s strategic priorities. As the largest academic research library on Long Island, the Libraries serve as a vital resource for regional and global communities.
The University Libraries play a key role in advancing the University’s commitment to furthering diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in our spaces, collections, services, and outreach. We have a strong commitment to DEIA values in our hiring, training, and daily work practices where differences are acknowledged, respected, and celebrated. We welcome candidates who genuinely embrace the empathy, courage, self-reflection, and intentionality of a diverse and inclusive workplace to apply.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please contact the Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.