The Stony Brook University Libraries Center for Digital Humanities is a space for research, teaching, and learning in all disciplines related to the practice of the digital humanities. The Center is an intellectual meeting place for researchers applying digital practices to humanistic inquiry and for those using a humanistic lens to examine questions related to technology, in all fields.
- Consultations for research and pedagogy
- Research sprints
- Metadata consultations
- Scholarly communication and professionalization
- To collaborate, consult, and partner with scholars in the digital humanities
- To provide tools and resources for projects in the digital humanities
- To provide a nexus for intellectual exchange among scholars in diverse disciplines working in the digital humanities
- To foster explorations of the implications of digital humanities praxis for humanistic inquiry, research, teaching, and learning
- To expand the possibilities for inquiry in the digital humanities, with an emphasis on interdisciplinarity
This internship is an opportunity to gain more experience supporting research and teaching in the digital humanities, including:
- Working with researchers to use hardware and software in the CDH
- Acquiring/improving competencies in digital humanities technology, research, and project planning
- Assisting with planning for workshops and events in the CDH
- Creating content for the CDH website and/or social media
- Working as a member of a team to staff the CDH and to provide support for researchers and students.
- Helping to build a collection in support of digital humanities research and pedagogy.
- Background in the digital humanities (coursework, projects, or general interest)
- Interest in interdisciplinary collaboration
- Interest in learning new analysis and visualization tools
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Experience in a coding language (R or Python preferred)
To apply, please contact Kathleen Kasten-Mutkus at email@example.com with a CV and letter of interest.