Citation Skills For HEA Students - Cancelled
This informal, online workshop is designed to help students in the School of Professional Development's Higher Education Administration program understand the basic citation skills needed for their course work. We will discuss:
- When citations are necessary and when not
- When to use direct quotations vs. paraphrasing
- How to paraphrase correctly
- How to format citations for common resource types in APA style
- Both in-text citations and citations on the references page
- Where to get additional information on uncommon resource types
- Tools available for managing your research material
Date: Thursday, August 22nd @ 6:00 PM EST
Location: Online at https://meeting.sinc.stonybroo
Target Audience: New graduate students in the School of Professional Development's Higher Education Administation program.
Workshop cancelled due to technology issues. Please see the presentation or a recording of the summer workshop. The recording won't be available until the system is back up again, estimated to be tonight at 9 PM.