This workshop introduces the NCBI’s Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST), one of the most widely-used software tools in biology. BLAST allows rapid, easy sequence similarity searching online. However, use of BLAST is only truly effective when you understand what it does – and doesn’t do.
This workshop will introduce how sequence similarity searching works and demonstrate some of the various BLAST search options.
- Monday, Oct 19, 9am, at the Health Sciences Library (Register)
- Tuesday, Oct 20, 9:30am, at Melville Library (Register).
Latest posts by john (see all)
- Innovation Lab to Demo 3D Printing in the HSC Library - January 19, 2016
- 3rd Lecture in the Lecture Series of the Office of Global Library Initiatives - January 14, 2016
- On-Site Reference in the Humanities Building - January 13, 2016