Hands-on Introduction to GPS Using a Trimble GPS Pathfinder XB Receiver
In this workshop, learn how to:
• Collect field data for point and line features
• Convert Global Positioning System (GPS) data, and display it in ArcPAD, a mobile Geographic Information Systems (GIS) program
• Transfer GPS data to a desktop GIS
• Become eligible to borrow the Melville Library’s GPS unit
All workshops take place in classroom A in the Central Reading Room and last about one hour, unless otherwise noted.
Additional sections of these and/or other workshops may be scheduled for any group of 5 or more. For more information click on the Library Instruction link atwww.stonybrook.edu/library or contact Janet Clarke, Head of Instruction, at 632-1217 or Janet.Clarke@stonybrook.edu.
Latest posts by Janet Clarke (see all)
- Innovation Lab to Demo 3D Printing in the HSC Library - January 19, 2016
- 3rd Lecture in the Lecture Series of the Office of Global Library Initiatives - January 14, 2016
- On-Site Reference in the Humanities Building - January 13, 2016