On Tuesday June 14th, all University Libraries staff members retreated to the Wang Center for a day-long event detailing department progress updates on the library’s strategic planning goals and accomplishments for 2015-16. Department heads were invited to share brief summaries of various events, workshops, and implementations they’ve achieved over the past year leading to greater learning, research, scholarly inquiry and service to the Stony Brook University community and beyond. Each department presentation expounded on the following points:
- Promoting academic engagement
- Building, preserving and providing access to rich and diverse collections
- Developing responsive library spaces for diverse user communities
- Fostering an innovative culture of learning and assessment
In addition to discussing the year’s accomplishments, faculty and staff members worked together to develop new priorities and goals for the coming 2016-2017 year.
The day’s presentation (complete with department updates) can be accessed here. We are dedicated to continually improving our resources, spaces, and service and look forward to providing the SBU community with even greater service in the coming year!
Latest posts by Dana Haugh (see all)
- University Libraries & CAPS: A Pup-tastic Partnership - January 3, 2018
- SBU Librarians Present at International Conference in Beijing, China - November 28, 2017
- Michael Huang Keynotes at Library Conference in China - October 31, 2017