A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
Call number and location: PS3515.E37 F338 1987 | Melville Library Main Stacks
Possible Paper Topics:
- How does the author portray the idea of masculinity, and how does the novel’s final line enforce or conflict with this idea?
- Compare/contrast the reasons the main characters are attracted to one another vs those that keep them together.
- Analyze the symbolism of rain throughout the text.
You might also enjoy…
The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
The Garden of Eden by Ernest Hemingway
Paths of Glory by Humphrey Cobb
Latest posts by Janet Clarke (see all)
- Innovation Lab to Demo 3D Printing in the HSC Library - January 19, 2016
- 3rd Lecture in the Lecture Series of the Office of Global Library Initiatives - January 14, 2016
- On-Site Reference in the Humanities Building - January 13, 2016